Heidi Holmes Erickson212 Graduate Education Building
College of Education and Health Professions
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Heidi Holmes Erickson is a Ph.D. candidate and a Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Education Reform. She graduated from Brigham Young University with a B.A. in Political science. Prior to starting her graduate studies, she worked for an education interest group as well as a non-profit tax policy group in Salt Lake City, Utah. Her current research focuses on the value of culturally enriching field trips, school finance, and school choice.
- University of Arkansas - Ph.D. in Education Policy (Anticipated 2019)
- Brigham Young University - B.A. in Political Science
- Value of the arts in education and culturally enriching fieldtrips
- Non-test score student outcomes from education including character development
- School finance
- School choice and accountability
- Erickson, Heidi H. 2019. How do Parents Choose Schools and What School Do They Choose? A Literature Review of Private School Choice Programs in the United States. In Patrick J. Wolf (Ed.) School Choice: Separating Fact from Fiction. Routledge, forthcoming https://www.routledge.com/ School-Choice-Separating-Fact-from-Fiction/Wolf/p/book/9780367030957
Peer Reviewed Papers:
- Greene, Jay P., Erickson, Heidi H., Watson, Angela, and Beck, Molly. 2018. The Play’s the Thing: Experimentally Examining the Social Cognitive Effects of School Field Trips to Live Theater Performances. Educational Researcher 47 (4), 246-254.
- DeAngelis, Corey A., and Erickson, Heidi H. 2018. What Leads to Successful School Choice Programs? A Review of the Theories and Evidence. Cato Journal 38, no.1 (winter): 247-263. Available at https://www.cato.org/cato-journal/winter-2018/what-leads-successful-school-choice-programs-review-theories-evidence.
- Erickson, Heidi H. 2017. How do Parents Choose Schools and What School Do They Choose? A Literature Review of Private School Choice Programs in the United States. Journal of School Choice 11 no 4: 491-506.
Revise and Resubmit:
- DeAngelis, Corey, Erickson, Heidi H., and Ritter, Gary R. 2016. Is Pre-Kindergarten an Educational Panacea? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Scaled-Up Pre-Kindergarten in the United States. EDRE Working Paper No. 2017-08, available at SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/ papers.cfm?abstract_id=2920635, under final review at Educational Review.
Papers under review:
- Swanson, E., Erickson, Heidi H., and Ritter, Gary R. 2017. Examining the Impact of Middle School Disciplinary Policies on 9th Grade Retention. EDRE Working Paper No 2017-11, available at SSRN https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2952972, under review at Educational Policy
- Erickson, Heidi. H., Mills, Jon N., & Wolf, Patrick J. 2018. The Preliminary Effect of the Louisiana Scholarship Program on College Entrance. AEFP working paper.
- Erickson, Heidi H. 2018. Retirement Benefits and Teacher Quality: What We Know and What We Still Need to know.
- Erickson, Heidi. H. 2017. Who Wins in School Choice: Private or Charter Schools? Evaluating the Impact of Charter Schools on the Private School Market Share.
- Erickson, Heidi H. 2016. Non-Cognitive and Later Life Outcome of Adults from Private Schooling.