212 Graduate Education Building
College of Education and Health Professions
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Katherine Kopotic is a Distinguished Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Education Reform and a Research Assistant in the Office for Education Policy at the University of Arkansas. Originally from Florida, Katherine graduated from the University of Florida with a B.S in Public Relations. Prior to joining the Department of Education Reform, Katherine taught high school mathematics at Crossett High School through Teach for America.
- University of Arkansas - Ph.D. in Education Policy (Anticipated May, 2020
- University of Florida - B.S. in Public Relations
- Higher Education
- Merit Based Scholarships
- Gender STEM Gap
- Albert Cheng, Katherine Kopotic, and Gema Zamarro (2017). "Can Parents' Growth Mindset and Role Modelling Address STEM Gender Gaps?" EDRE Working Paper No. 2017-07
- Elise Swanson, Katherine Kopotic, Gema Zamarro, Jonathan Mills, Jay Greene, & Gary Ritter (2019). "An Evaluation of the Educational Impact of College Campus Visits: A Randomized Experiment" EDRE Working Paper No. 2019-002
- Cheng, Albert, Kopotic, Katherine, and Zamarro, Gema (2019) Parental Occupational Choice and Children's Entry into a Stem Field (September 2019). EDRE Working Paper No. 2019-16. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3457307
- Katherine Kopotic, Sarah McKenzie, and Gary Ritter (2017) "Comprehensive Analysis of Arkansas Teacher Salaries: State, Region, and District" Office for Education Policy. Arkansas Education Report Volume 14, Issue 1.
- "How a Change in Funding Structure of a Broad-based Scholarship Program Affects Student Post-secondary Outcomes" With Jon Mills and Evan Rhinesmith
This paper examines the impact of a change in the payout structure of the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship on student postsecondary outcomes using a differences-in-discontinuities design.
- "Altering Expectations: The Impact of Backloading Scholarships on College Enrollment Patterns" With Jon Mills and Evan Rhinesmith
This paper examines the impact of a change in the payout structure of the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship on student postsecondary enrollment decisions using a comparative interrupted time series design.
- "Predictors of College Success: How the Relative Predictive Power of High School GPA and ACT Score Differ by High School Type" With Evan Rhinesmith
This paper examines how the relative predictive power of high school GPA and ACT score on postsecondary outcomes differs by high school type.
- "The Effects of College Remediation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis" Rhinesmith, Kopotic, Ritter
This paper systematically reviews the current literature on the effects of postsecondary remediation, and we generate a meta analytic average where possible.
- Course Instructor: WCOB 1033 - Business Statistics and Data Analysis, Fall 2019
- Course Teaching Assistant: EDRE 699V-02- Intermediate Econometrics, Spring 2019
- Course Teaching Assistant: EDRE 6213 - Program Evaluation and Research Design, Fall 2017
- Secondary Math Teacher: Crossett High School, Crossett Arkansas, 2013-2016