212 Graduate Education Building
College of Education and Health Professions
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Leesa Foreman is a Doctoral Candidate and Distinguished Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Education Reform and a Research Assistant in the Office for Education Policy at the University of Arkansas. She moved from the Big Island of Hawaii to pursue a Ph.D. in Education Policy. Leesa earned an M.S. in Special Education, focusing on Multicultural Education, and a B.A. in Social Science, focusing on ethic and minority studies, from Portland State University in Portland, Oregon. With over 15 years of classroom experience in grades 1-12 in both the general and special education settings in private, public, and public charter schools, she also has experience as an administrator and curriculum coach. Additionally, Leesa served as Secretary on a charter school governing board and as Chairperson/President of a charter school foundation board. She has presented at several national conferences and some of her research interests include school choice, teacher preparation, and teacher quality.
- University of Arkansas - Ph.D. in Education Reform - (Anticipated 2018)
- Portland State University - M.S. in Special Education, emphasis on Multicultural Education
- Portland State University - B.A. in Social Science, emphasis on Ethnic and Minority studies
- School choice - charter schools
- Teacher quality and labor markets - distribution, preparation, and evaluation
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Foreman, L.M. & Maranto, R. (2017) Why Mission Matters More for (Some) Charter Principals, School Leadership and Management, Online edition, July 18.
- Foreman, L.M. (forthcoming). Education Attainment Effect of Public and Private School Choice, Journal of School Choice. Currently available at SSRN as EDRE Working Paper No. 2017-16.
- Foreman, L.M., Anderson, K.P., Ritter, G.W. & Wolf, P.J. (forthcoming) Using "Broken Lotteries" to Check the Validity of Charter School Evaluations using Matching Designs, Educational Policy. Currently available at SSRN at EDRE Working Paper No. 2017-15.
- Ritter, G.W., Wolf, P.J., Anderson, K., Foreman, L., Rhinesmith, E. & Swanson, E. (2016). "Arkansas Charter School Program Evaluation (2011-12 to 2013-14)." Report prepared for the Arkansas Department of Education, May 16, 2016.
- Office for Education Policy (Contributed as Secondary Author). (August, 2016). Second Year Results From an Evaluation of the Implementation of Arkansas A+ in Twelve Schools. Report prepared for the Walton Family Foundation.
- Ritter, G.W., Wolf, P.J., & Foreman, L. (2015). "2011-12 Arkansas Charter School Academic Evaluation." Report prepared for the Arkansas Department of Education, June 1, 2015.
- Ritter, G.W., Trivitt, J.R., Foreman, L.M. (2017). A Meta-Analysis of Merit Pay in Education. Working paper pending submission.